Our security system has terribly deteriorated and its structures have obviously collapsed. Our security agencies no long meet up to their established objectives. Our lives and properties are becoming more vulnerable and susceptible to attacks every second. Everywhere is unsafe for living and nowhere is secured for earning a living. On daily basis we contract insomnia due to panic and fear of uncertainties. Day time is becoming as scary as night time. Neither poor nor rich, neither men no women, neither adults nor minors are safe now in this country. Killing is becoming a daily experience so much that sanctity of human life wanes in our minds. Something must be done now.
1. More funding for security to enable the Police, Civil Defence, Customs, Immigration e.t.c recruit more and more personnel, train and retrain the personnel, procure hi-tech security gadgets e.t.c
2. Review our educational curriculum to expunge whatever instigate religious, ethnic, tribal sentiments and inculcate topics that would promote unity and patriotism among citizens.
3. Drastically reduce the benefits attached to any political office so that it ceased to be a profitable venture which many do or die.
4. Improve our road transportation sector like the aviation transportation to be able to curb the free movement of criminals and their weapons.
5. Check impunity by punishing whoever err irrespective of his status.
I strongly hope that if these measures are adopted our situation would improve.